Sally’s baking addiction banana bread has a super-moist texture and incredibly soft crumb. It is the best banana bread recipe. Let’s learn how to make it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups mashed bananas – around 4
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celcius. Grease a bread loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Using a stand mixer to beat the mixture. Beat the butter and brown sugar together at a high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and keep beating.
- Add in the yogurt, mashed bananas and vanilla extract and keep beating on medium speed until all are well-combined.
- As the beater is running, add all the dry ingredients and continue beating until all are incorporated well.
- Add the nuts.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for a few minutes. Cover the batter with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Prevent it from getting too brown.
- Pierce the toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, then your bread is ready.
- You can cover and store the banana bread for 2 days at room temperature and you can refrigerate it for a week.
- You can also use unsalted butter in this recipe. You can also keep all the ingredients same.
- You can also add cream cheese frosting on banana bread. To make this, you need to beat 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and ¼ cup of softened butter at medium speed until smooth. Add in confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and some salt and then spread on cooled loaf.
- You can make banana bread muffins. Pour the same batter in a greased muffin pan and then bake at 218 degrees Celsius. Bake for 17 minutes more and then insert a toothpick to check when done.
- You can also substitute brown sugar with white granulated sugar or coconut sugar. Liquid sweeteners may not taste that good.
- If you do not have sour cream or yogurt then you can use unsweetened applesauce, pumpkin puree or mashed banana.
- You can also use frozen bananas and then thaw them at room temperature before using them in the recipe.
- If you love banana with chocolate chips, you can add chocolate chips in the batter and then bake your bread.
Sally’s baking addiction banana bread is one of the best banana bread recipe ever made. You can make this banana bread even for friends and get togethers and serve it with vanilla ice cream also. This banana bread recipe is rated as the best as it remains moist and has a lovely and delicious taste of bananas.