Who doesn’t love to have pies? And if you are the one having a sweet tooth, then what’s better than preparing the pies at home. Here are ingredients that allow you to bake a delicious pie crust at home.
- Two and ½ cups of all-purpose flour.
- One and ¼ teaspoons of salt
- Six tablespoons of unsalted butter, chilled and cubed.
- ¾ cup of vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup ice water
Key Points For Successful Cake Baking Process
If you want to bake a cake, you need to follow a technique to achieve that beauty, as cake baking is a work of art.
- Baking temperature: in cake baking, the temperature plays a very important role in determining the texture and taste. You can maintain the proper temperature by using an oven or stove. The main factors that affect temperature are ingredients and batter. The ingredients of the baking cake shall be mixed at room temperature, not cold. Cake batter shall always be mixed using the same beaters that you used for the cake
- The density of smooth cake: It is the most important factor in baking cake. In order to achieve the desired light, thin crumb structure, you need to use low-fat cake baking temperatures. If you are using sugar in the cake batter to bake sugar cake, then the baking temperatures will vary depending on the brand of sugar.
- Different cake baking temperatures: Generally, there are three different cake baking temperatures, such as baking at the lowest temperature (oven) for a quarter of an hour, at the highest temperature (slow oven) for two hours. However, the slow baking temperature creates a moist, dark cake that does not brown as much as a faster-baking cake.
Some Cake Baking Tools And Equipments
- Measuring spoons and cups: Having a full set of measuring spoons and cups on hand is a must. If you are expecting that one type of measuring cup will be enough, then you are wrong. You will need both dry and wet measuring cups to accurately measure all your ingredients.
- Rubber spatula: This tool is better for the last bit of batter or dough out of a pan or for scrapping all the nooks out of your pan.
- Whisk: To beat together with a few eggs or whipping cream, you must always go for a wire whisk as it is very handy and one of the best ways to thoroughly mix together dry ingredients.
- Rolling Pin: The most useful tool for rolling out pie crusts, cookie dough, and puff pastry. However, this tool can also work in your kitchen.
- Knife: Only one knife would be enough for your cake baking process as it can be great for slicing, dicing, chopping, mincing, or in any recipe you want.
- Round cake pan: Pan is used for baking a cake; a round cake pan is very common nowadays. It comes in 8-inch and 9-inch diameters.
To wrap up, you can make a delicious cake by keeping in mind cake baking techniques and by purchasing essential tools for baking a cake that has been mentioned above.