One of the most loved cupcake recipes in the last couple of years has been the red velvet cupcakes. Red velvet is loved by many due to it’s such a unique flavor and eye-pleasing presentation.
So, here we present to you the recipe for red velvet cupcakes; which are moist, buttery, and soft. Topped with a simple cream cheese, your delicious savory is ready to hog on!
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- One egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
For cream cheese frosting
- 4 ounces butter at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Also, line a standard cupcake pan with cupcake cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for around 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Turn the blender to high and crack the egg in it. While scraping the bowl whisk until combined well.
- Further, combine the vanilla extract, red food coloring, and cocoa powder in another bowl to form a thick paste.
- Add this to the egg batter and blend on medium speed till thoroughly mixed. Note: You need to keep scraping the bottom of the bowl in between, to make sure that all the batter gets colored thoroughly.
- Then lessen the mixer speed to low and gradually add half part of the buttermilk. Also, mix half part of the flour and process until mixed.
- Scrape the bowl once and repeat blending with the rest of the milk and flour.
- Now whisk on high speed until the batter reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once more reduce the speed to low to combine the baking soda, salt, and vinegar in the batter.
- Now turn the food processor to high and whisk for a few more minutes until batter is thoroughly blended and smooth.
- When done, pour the batter equally among the cupcake liners.
- Put the cupcakes in the preheated oven to bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then remove cupcakes from the pan and transfer them on a wire rack to cool down thoroughly.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment on high speed for around 5 minutes. Do not forget to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Gradually mix the powdered sugar after reducing the speed. Whisk until everything is combined well.
- Then add the vanilla essence and blend to combine. Raise the speed to medium-high and whisk for a couple of minutes. Whisk while scraping the bowl as required until you see that the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Now pipe this frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- You are all set to devour your gorgeous and delicious red velvet cupcakes.