Rainbow pastry stands out from all the remaining pastries that are available in the market. These cakes are not only good looking, but they also taste good too. The different kinds of flavors that are added to the cake makes it one of the best cakes available. As children usually sing “ Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple” makes a rainbow bright and pretty, this cake also has all these colors which make it pretty as well as tasty. From kids to adults, everyone out there will love this layered cake, which is in different colors.
You will be proud of yourself for making this tasty cake. Make sure to follow all the steps perfectly to make the mouth-watering rainbow pastry cake.
- Vanilla Cake mix- 2 boxes
- Vegetable oil- 1 cup
- Water- 2 cups
- Eggs- 6
- Red, blue, yellow, and green food colors
- Softened butter- 1 cup
- Shortening- 1 cup
- Powdered sugar- 1 lb
- Milk- 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla Essence- 2 teaspoons
- Take three 8-inch cake pans and grease them with cooking spray.
- Heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large bowl, add cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs to it. Now beat the entire mixture with an electric mixer. Keep the speed at a low level and beat it for 30 seconds. Again beat it on medium level for 2 minutes. Scrap the bowl and divide the batter into six cups.
- Make sure that the batter is divided equally.
- Add a pinch of the red, blue, green, and yellow colors in each bowl. In the remaining two bowls, add a tint of red and yellow colors to form an orange colored dough, add a tint of blue and red colors to form a purple dough.
- Keep any three batters in the refrigerator until they are ready to bake and pour the remaining three colors in three different pans.
- Bake the three cake pans in oven for 18 to 20 minutes. The cake should spring back when you touch it.
- Remove the cakes from pans and allow them to cool. Wash the same pans, grease them with cooking sprays and add the remaining batter into each one of them.
- Bake the cake for 18 to 20 minutes
- Take a large bowl and beat both shortening and butter in it with an electric mixer. The speed should be medium and beat it until the color turns to yellow.
- Add powdered sugar and beat it on low speed. Beat vanilla and add the milk, one spoon at a time. Beat the frosting until it turns smooth. Make sure to beat it on high speed until it turns fluffy.
- Make sure that all the layers of the cake are on the same level. You can place the cakes as you like, there is no rule that you have to place them according to the rainbow color.
- First, place one layer of cake and spread the frosting on it. Repeat the same with all layers. Then spread the light coat of frosting on top and sides of the cakes.
The cake is ready. Now you can cut a piece of the cake and serve it as a pastry.