If you are looking for some classic dessert recipe to serve your family, the bread pudding is just for you. This recipe is the one that will be liked by all your family members. Blending with some cinnamon, they make for a unique pastry.
Bread pudding is without a doubt an old classic delicacy, also a great method to make use of leftover bread.
Play with how you want to season this bread dessert. The chewy dried fruits add an amazing taste to the smooth consistency of the pudding. Cherries, chopped figs, golden raisins or apricots offer brilliant hue and sweet-tart flavor to this bread dessert.
If you don’t like the fruits or dried fruits, skip it out instead try something indulgent — mix in dollops of chocolate chunks or amazing white chocolate that will delicately soften into the bready pastry.
Classic Bread Pudding Recipe
- 16 oz. any q day or two stale bread, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a meantime, spread bread cubes onto a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet evenly.
- After that put the bread dish in the oven to bake in preheated oven for about 10 min tossing once halfway through. Bake until you see that the bread pudding is nearly dried.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Now, lessen the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Stir together brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Note: Mix while breaking down brown sugar clumps with fingertips as required.
- Then crack in the eggs and egg yolks. Whisk until well blended.
- Then pour in milk, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Whisk again until well mixed.
- Transfer baked bread cubes into a large mixing bowl and drizzle the prepared milk mixture over the top.
- Further, toss the mixture using a rubber spatula to coat thoroughly.
- Keep aside to rest till the milk mixture has been soaked totally, toss occasionally in between. You will have to keep it for about 15 – 30 minutes.
- Now spread melted butter into a casserole dish of around 12 by 8-inches.
- Put) bread batter into this baking dish and lay it out evenly.
- Place the dish in the oven to bake in preheated oven till you see that the center if the pudding is set. The process can take about 50 – 65 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Afterward, cut the pudding into squares.
- Serve your classic dessert with salted caramel sauce, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, fruit toppings, or whipped cream as per your preference.