Perfectly baked cheesecake has the potential of making a horrible day instantly seem wonderful. Quite compelling stuff, isn’t it? But the sad news is that there is an unnecessary and intense hype on how challenging it is to bake the perfect cheesecake. This has made it petrifying for people to even try their hands on making it. Many people refrain from trying homemade cheesecakes because the ingredients are expensive. If the session flops, then you do not just feel like a complete failure, but you are also broke. Why take chances? Here, you will find a classic cheesecake recipe that can easily be made.
Classic Baked Cheesecake
Craving a cheesecake baked to perfection? Look no further as this ultra-smooth and creamy recipe is all that you need to master. Paired with butter graham cracker crust, its simple decadence will make you go Wow!
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
For Graham Cracker Crust, You Need:
- Graham cracker crumbs: 1 ½ cups or 150 grams
- Unsalted and melted butter: 5 tbsp
- Granulated sugar: ¼ cup
For Cheesecake, You Require:
- Cream cheese: 8-ounce blocks
- Vanilla extract: 1 Tsp
- Granulated sugar: 200 grams or 1 cup
- Sour cream: 240 grams or 1 cup
- Lemon juice: 2 teaspoons
- Eggs: Three
Lemon curd, salted caramel, chocolate ganache, strawberry compote, fresh fruit, red wine ganache, raspberry sauce, or whipped cream.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit while adjusting the rack to the lower-middle position.
- For making the crust, you will have to use a food processor. Blend the crackers to get fine crumbs.
- Place the mixture in a container and add melted butter and sugar. Keep stirring until everything is combined properly. The mixture should be sandy.
- Take a springform pan and press the mixture firmly into its bottom. There is no need for greasing.
- Pre-bake for a minimum of eight minutes. Remove and place the pan on aluminum foil. The foil will wrap around it for ideal water bath. Let the crust to cool while you move on to prepare the filling.
- You will have to use a stand or handheld mixer for beating the granulated sugar and cream cheese together.
- Once the mixture has turned creamy and smooth, add vanilla extract, sour cream, and some lemon juice. Make sure that all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Now add eggs while using the mixer on medium speed. Do not over mix.
- Now for the water bath, you will have to boil some water and pour it in your roasting pan. As the water keeps heating, place your aluminum foil-wrapped springform pan in the roasting pan and pour the cheesecake batter into it.
- Now place the entire thing in the oven.
- Bake it for at least 1 hour until you see that the center is fully set.
- Take it out of the oven and allow it to cool for around 4 hours.
- Your classic baked cheesecake is ready to be served with desired toppings.