Are you looking for a baked cake recipe that you can make simply for the afternoon? Are you having a party and trying to make a special cake? Well, in that case, you can try this chocolate cake that I am going to share here. It is simple to make, consume less time yet palatable enough for your guests. It is very light and squidgy in texture and has a buttercream filling. The chocolate shards used on the top will give you the extra kick.
Time of preparation – 35 minutes
Time of cooking – 20 minutes
For The Cake
- Flour – 2 cups
- Golden caster sugar – 200 gm
- Eggs – 4
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 200 gm, unsalted
- Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 Tsp
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Chopped milk chocolate – 100 gm
- Butter – 200 gm
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 400 gm
- Cocoa powder – 5 tbsp
For Chocolate Shard
- Dark chocolate – 50 gm
- Milk chocolate – 25 gm
- White chocolate – 25 gm
- Take a large bowl. Add the unsalted butter, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, milk, eggs, and a pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Mix them very well till they take the form of a pale batter.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven at 170-degree centigrade. Take 2 round sandwich tins of 20 cm and cover their base with the parchment paper.
- Now pour the batter in these two tins and put in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes and take them out. Allow them to cool completely before proceeding with the rest of the process.
- Now start preparing the buttercream. For that, you have to take a microwave safe bowl. Add the milk chocolate in it and put it in the microwave. Stir occasionally and take it out once the chocolate melts totally. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Once it is cooled, add a pinch of salt, cocoa powder, and milk and mix them carefully.
- In another bowl, add the butter along with icing sugar and beat them using an electric mixer.
- Take a cake stand if you have or you can use a large plate. Take one cake base, add the buttercream on the top and put another cake on it and cover it with the remaining buttercream. Keep it aside.
For Chocolate Shards
- Now start making the chocolate shards. Melt the dark chocolate. Take a baking tray and put a foil on it. Pour the melted dark chocolate on it.
- Melt both the white chocolate and milk chocolate and tip them on the melted dark chocolate. Make sure to do this before the dark chocolate sets.
- Using a spatula, make the upper surface smooth and leave it for some time so that they get cooled. Your shard is ready. Break them into pieces and add them on the top of the cake that you have kept aside.
Do you like it? I am sure you do. Isn’t it an ideal baked cake recipe for your kid’s birthday? You can make it for New Year’s Eve or Christmas Eve too.