Everyone loves a hearty slice of chocolate cake and when it melts in the mouth -that feeling is mesmerizing. Why not without waiting, we dive into two incredibly delicious chocolate cake recipes.
1. Flourless Chocolate Cake
The richness of bittersweet chocolate with butter and the touch of espresso make this chocolate cake divine. The cake is excellent for all, especially who love to indulge in gluten-free chocolate cake. You can add some oomph to it by replacing vanilla with hazelnut liqueur.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
– Bittersweet chocolate, 14 ounces
– ½ cup plus
– Butter, 3 tablespoons
– Large eggs, 8
– Granulated sugar, ¾ cup
– Instant espresso, 1 tablespoon
– Vanilla extract, a ½ teaspoon
• Heat the oven beforehand to 350°F. With a cooking spray, coat a springform pan. Take a parchment paper and place it at the bottom of the pan. Also, coat the paper with the spray.
• Melt 8 ounces of chocolate and butter (1/2 cup) on high heat, placing the bowl over a utensil filled with boiling water and on heat. Stir slowly but continuously until smooth.
• Take egg yolks in a bowl. Add sugar and beat until it becomes pale yellow. Add the melted chocolate in it.
• In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until the formation of stiff peaks. Pour the whites over the chocolate mixture. Use a spatula to fold the whites well into the mixture. Make sure no white streaks are there.
• In the pan, spread the mixture evenly. Bake until the chocolate cake puffed slightly, for about 30-35 minutes. After that cool it down completely.
• Take a tablespoon of hot water. Dissolve the espresso. Melt the remaining chocolate with remaining butter. Stir until smooth. Pour espresso and vanilla extract. Mix well.
• Spread it over the cake and refrigerate. Chocolate cake is ready.
2. Chocolate-Orange Sauce On Chocolate Cake
The combination of chocolate cake and chocolate-orange sauce is unmatchable. Its tangy taste of orange with the bittersweet taste of chocolate explodes in our mouth. It will entice your love for chocolate cake.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
– Unsweetened cocoa, 1 cup
– Granulated sugar, 1 cup
– Flour, 1 ¾ cup
– Unsweetened cocoa, 2 teaspoons
– Baking soda, 2 and ½ teaspoon
– Salt, a ½ teaspoon
– Egg whites, 3 large
– Buttermilk, 1 cup
– Applesauce, ½ cup
– Canola oil, 2 tablespoons
– Cream cheese, 4 ounces
– Confectioners’ sugar, 1 and ¼ cup
– Orange juice, 2 and ½ cup
– Orange liqueur (optional)
• At 350°F heat the oven. Butter a cake pan and place a parchment paper at the pan-bottom. Grease it with butter. Set the pan aside.
• Sift sugar, a ½ cup of cocoa, flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
• Take another bowl. Whisk the egg whites until it becomes glossy and forms soft peaks.
• Stir in buttermilk, oil, and applesauce into the dry mixture of flour, with a spatula. Make sure the batter is smooth.
• Fold the whisked whites into the batter. Transfer the mixture into the ready pan.
• Bake it till the cake is ready. It will take about 40-50 minutes. Check whether the cake is done, inserting a toothpick. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool the cake.
• Take a separate bowl. In it, beat the cream cheese, ½ cup cocoa, confectioners’ sugar.
• Boil the orange juice for 2 minutes. Next, stir it into the cocoa mixture. Add the orange liqueur if you wish.
• Spread the remaining cocoa over the cake.